At a Court held on 23rd October, 1809, when arrangements were being made to celebrate the Jubilee of George 3rd, Mr. Bailiff Lloyd agreed to illuminate the Town Hall at his own expense. He was also one of the Bailiffs in 1802, when the order was given to Mr. Illingworth, of London, to translate the Borough Charters and Books of Customs20. The Rev. M. E. Lloyd married Elizabeth, daughter of John Pryce of Dolforwyn, Bettws, and sister of the Rev. John Pryce, but had no issue: his widow survived him by nearly twenty-three years, dying 18th May 1853, at the age of 81. By his will ,dated 14th Jan, 1830, he left his property in Montgomery, Cilgwrgan and Giants Bank in Llanmerewig, and Wernddu in Churchstoke to his nephew the Rev Maurice Lloyd, second son of his brother John, subject to an annuity of F-200 per annum to his -vidow; there were also various pecuniary legacies, including one of 50 guineas to his godson Charles Pugh, second son of David Pugh of Llanerchydol. WILLIAM LLOYD, second son of Maurice, was baptised 10th Dec. 1769 and admitted Burgess 11th Oct, 1791 as of "Garthllwyd gent." In his will, dated 8th June, 1802, he is described as of Rood Lane, grocer." The flourishing tea firm, now known as "David Lloyd and Pigott" was founded in 1760 by David Pugh of Llanerchydol at 18 Rood Lane, in the City of London, where it remained until its removal to the adjacent street of St. Mary-at-Hill in 1881. Despite the adjurations of John Wesley and others to avoid deleterious infusions of the tea-plant, the tea trade continued to flourish and increase during the century, and in 1776 David Pugh was able to purchase the Llanerchydol estate, outside Welshpool. though he remained assiduous at his business, and it was said that all Montgomery- shire folk who visited London were accustomed to go all the way to Rood Lane to purchase their tea, in order to be able to tell the folk at home that they had bought their tea from old Pugh of Llanerchydol himself." In 1806 David Pugh took into partnership Arthur Ryder of Welshpool and subsequent partners were David Pugh, M.P. for the Boroughs and David Lloyd, both great-nephews of the founder. The last member of the Lloyd family to be connected with the business was William Llewelyn Lloyd of Castell Forwyn, who died in 1925, and it now contains neither Pughs nor Lloyds. 20. At the Court held 26th Oct, 1824 Illingworth's translations were read publicly, when it is recorded that the Court sat from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.